Re: Powerline Ethernet Technology

  • Subject: Re: Powerline Ethernet Technology
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 20:48:05 GMT

In article <38898.1327956231@xxxxxxx>, Phil phil wrote:
> I think it's worth mentioning again that the Homeplug units aren't in
any way a reliable
way of punting data from one place to another...

I used homeplug to connect a myth frontend in a bedroom, and it only
stuttered on
challenging content. It has now been replaced by my finally punching-down
the cat5e to that
room but I was fairly impressed with homeplug. I was only using two of them
to "plug a gap"
so maybe it's when you use multiple units?

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums