Re: GU10 Energy efficient replacements

Tim

I've just bought a couple of the 9W warm white ones from the same site
afte=
r reading your post. I think they're great - the best LED bulbs I've tried
=
yet. The warm white ones are very close in colour to halogen, and also
simi=
lar brightness and beam angle (45deg). They are not 9W though! There is no
=
way that heatsink will dissipate 9W without the LEDs overheating. I
measure=
d one at 5W, which seems reasonable.

I've bought a selection of LED GU10s, all warm white with the idea being
to=
replicate halogen as close as possible. The other 3 and 4 chip LEDs I've t=
ried (Brightlightz 4W and CPC 3W) were too white and too narrow. The multi
=
SMD chip ones (Brightlightz 6W and CPC) were too wide angle for my use
(mak=
ing them too dim).

Howard

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Tim" <tim@...> wrote:

> I too have just taken the plunge - I went for 9 Watt Cree LEDs (3 x
3W) f=
rom thewarmlightcompany on Ebay.  I went for the cool white which is a bit
=
clinical, but looks OK in the kitchen. =A39 each delivered.  They were
pret=
ty good and told me I could return them if they weren't bright enough or
di=
dn't have a high enough WAF.=20=20
>=20
> They are probably as bright as the GU10s they replaced (or very nearly
so=
) and have the same sort of beam angle but they are very much whiter. I'm
n=
ow wondering of the high count multi-led option would have been worth
explo=
ring as brighter.  Bugger.  Might just replace the ceiling lights with
ones=
with more lampholders and buy more bulbs.
>=20
> Cheers
>=20
> Tim.