Re: RJ45 Crimp Tool Bulk Buy [was: RJ45 crim tool recommendations ...]

Thanks Phil

Cheers,
Tim.

p.s. suggest you get the alka selzers before you go...

On 21 December 2012 08:44, Phil Harris <phil@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> All sounds hunky-dory to me...
>
> Cheers Tim!
>
> Now, today is my works Xmas do so I fully expect not to surface again
unt=
il
> next year ... so happy Xmas everyone!
>
> Phil

31652-0-Cat-5-Cat5e-/251034199930?pt=3DUS_Cabling_Tools&hash=3Ditem3a72cd=
e77a

> A couple of people have used this type of tool before and can vouch
for i=
ts
> quality, ease of use & comfort. RS currently have the same AMP
tool selli=
ng
> for =A3137+vat EACH (http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/cable-crimpers/2503539=
/)
> and they're streets ahead of the cheaper lever-action tools.
>
> The general idea is that I will order the bulk pack with the items
> delivered
> to me. I will split and send out to each participant. The purchase
cost i=
> shared between the participants then postage added on top.
> You're welcome to collect in person to save on postage costs if you
wish =
-
> live near Hindhead on the Surrey/Hampshire border (postcode GU35 will
get
> you close). I've guessed the UK postage cost to be around =A34, so the
fi=
nal
> item price (ex any further import duty, etc.) will be =A315-16.
>
> Just for the avoidance of doubt, I will operate it on an "at
cost" / "not
> for profit" basis and it would be run personally by me, not
through a
> company so no VAT.
>
> The ebay seller offers free shipping however there's always the risk
of
> getting hit with import duty. If we are charged it we'll each be
liable f=
or
> 1/10th of the total in addition to the =A315-16 estimated above.
>
> We have more than 10 people currently interested - the first 10 people
in
> my
> inbox are as below:
> Me
> Jon S
> Phil Harris
> Rob Iles
> Tracey Gardner
> Paul Smith
> Tim Fletcher
> Richard Challis
> Neil Fuller
> Alan Middleton
>

> Additionally, the following are also interested. I'm happy to run a
secon=
> one, provided there are enough people. I will post this email to both
the
> UK_Selfbuild list and Automated Home forums to see if there is any
furthe=
> interest Stuart Poulton Marcus Warrington
>
> The seller has 2 packs of 10 tools, so we can take another 8 only.
>
> If you are NOT on the lists above but are interested in one of these
tool=
> please let me know ASAP.
> If you ARE on the list I will make a better estimate of the postage
costs
> and send an off-list email to you all (probably tonight).
>
> Cheers,
> Tim.
>

> On 17 December 2012 11:00, Tim Hawes <timsyahoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In a previous job I had the pleasure of using an AMP one like
this:

> > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/x10pcs-AMP-Modular-Plug-Hand-RJ45-Tool-Crimp

er-2-231652-0-Cat-5-Cat5e-/251034199930?pt=3DUS_Cabling_Tools&hash=3Dit=
em3
> > a72cde77a
> >
> > Was priced in RS at ~=A3100 each, whereas this auction is for 10
of the=
m!
> > The one I had was very good, easy to use, well made and didn't
hurt
> > your hand. From memory it had a ratchet mechanism and alternative
die
> > sets were/are available so as well as RJ45 it could do RJ11. Not
sure
> > about BT plugs though.
> >
> > My own one is like this:
> >
> > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Newlink-RJ45-Modular-Plug-Crimper-Cut-and-St

rip-Cable-Tool-/380392037925?pt=3DUK_Computing_Other_Computing_Networki=