[no subject]

My own one is like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Newlink-RJ45-Modular-Plug-Crimper-Cut-and-Strip-C=
able-Tool-/380392037925?pt=3DUK_Computing_Other_Computing_Networking&hash=
=3Ditem589121de25

Low cost and does the job but its not a patch on the AMP one. I find it ok
for small numbers of plugs though.

I'll probably regret asking this, but is anyone interested in a bulk buy /
splitting a pack of 10 of the AMP ones?

HTH,
Tim.

On 16 December 2012 18:18, Ben Geach (UKHA) <BenUKHA@xxxxxxx>wro=
te:

> For crimp tool, I've always been pleased with this type:
>
> http://cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/ht-l2172r/8p-rj45-modular-crimping-tool/=
dp/TL07303?in_merch=3DProducts%20From%20This%20Range&MER=3De-bb45-00001003

> Order Code: TL07303 on http://cpc.farnell.com/ if link above
doesn't work=
.

> Fairly cheap & cheerful but fine for low quantity installs....!
>
> Ben
>
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 5:56 PM, JonS <semi.jon@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Most of my network is into patch panel but a few cables (solid
core) I'=
> > like to add a plug to directly. I have a few (low 10s) of plugs
to appl=
y.

> > Can anyone recommend a crimp tool ( poss & plugs/ hoods,
simple tester)=
-
> > there is a bewildering range of crimp tools available all with
mixed
> > reviews! Santa tells me that for tech stuff I need to specify or
I won'=