From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tim
Hawes
Sent: 29 August 2012 12:00
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Converting CCTV files

Hi All,

I need to convert some CCTV footage from the format used by the box to
something more common. The box saves footage as *.avc files along with a
*.grp and a *.idx files - the latter two are about 10% of the size of the
main *.avc file.

Wikipedia says the avc format is "H.264/MPEG-4" but I can't find
anything to play or convert it, other than the software that came with the
kit. This allows conversion to avi but once complete, that file doesn't
play either!

Any clues / recommendations?

Many thanks,
Tim.