Re: Samsung Galaxy Europa Mobile - Opinions please!

  • Subject: Re: Samsung Galaxy Europa Mobile - Opinions please!
  • From: "Andy" <andywhitfield2002@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 11:56:44 -0000

Thx for the replies.
I'm really asking if this particular model will do what I need rather than
=
is there a better model.
My supplier is offering a free upgrade to this phone and cutting my
monthly=
charge from =A315.32 to =A38 inc vat for a 24 month contract.

Dave, can you ask your friend can he get google maps with LIVE traffic?
On my laptop, I go to www.google.co.uk and click on maps, put in a
location=
then click on traffic (on the right of the screen).  This is so useful whe=
n planning a trip.

Thx
Andy

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Dave McLaughlin"
<dave_mclaughlin@...> wrot=
e:

> Hi Andy,
>=20
> That is now a very old phone if this is the same one? (seems to be
from t=
he
> Carephonewarehouse website)
>=20
> http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i5500_galaxy_5-3371.php
>=20
> I have not owned this one myself, preferring the later higher powered
pho=
nes
> (GS3 and Note) but my friend had one about 2 year ago when it was new
and=
he
> liked it. Bit small with only a QVGA screen and I found the screen a
bit
> small.  A number of apps in the market at not likely to run on this
due t=
> the screen size and mainly the fact it is only a 600Mhz processor.
>=20
> As far as I am aware, the highest Android OS for this is Froyo but
there =
may
> be a few custom roms with Gingerbread but I have run this on a 600Mhz
> processor and it runs like a dog.
>=20
> If your budget can stretch it and they have a more recent phone, I
would
> suggest going for one of them. At least something in the 1GHz range
and a
> higher pixel count.
>=20
> Dave.