Re: 2012 and still no perfect UK HA light switch solution?

Not that your remote would be miles away or anything but if I had the
option of getting out of bed to turn off a light that was already off or
seeing that the light was already off (thereby staying in bed) I know what
I would choose. 80)

Isn't the Insteon range supposed to be here very soon? Don't their products
have two-way functionality?

Sent from my iPad

On 14 Aug 2012, at 23:51, "Stuart Billinghurst"
<stuart@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> But why is a current state of every light needed in an install from a
> function point of view not aesthetic that's a different thing
entirely,
> because I toyed with this concept for long time as I started to design
of my
> own systems, and came to the conclusion that the only time I needed to
> really know the status was if I wanted to act upon it, so I only need
> know a light is on, if for instance I wish to turn it off, but if I
don't
> know it's status and then send an off, I know it's off even if it was
off
> before (I hope this makes sense) in which case two way is just an
aesthetic
> consideration, unless I have missed a functional need somewhere?
>
> Stuart.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums