Re: My iOS Remote control app

  • Subject: Re: My iOS Remote control app
  • From: Steven Goodwin <stevengoodwin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 10:28:52 +0100

> Is there a way for the app to display something the server
returns? Might

Any responses from the scripts are shown in the bar between config
buttons and main panel.

> also be a nice option to configure where it displays it (inside the
app,
> popup notification message, toolbar notification message). I don't
know
> whether it has to ask the server for something or whether it could
also
> poll the server to see if the server has something new for it to
display?

Polling is the most sensible way for most of the messages. I think
that'll be added to my todo list :)

> These suggestions could be moving away from the remote control
> functionality though.

True - but if it makes it more usable, then I'm all for it. (I'd like
to improve on the measly 388 downloads!)

Steev

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums