Re: X10 LD11 Incandescent bulbs phased out.. Halogen Bayonet bulbs OK?

  • Subject: Re: X10 LD11 Incandescent bulbs phased out.. Halogen Bayonet bulbs OK?
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 10:16:49 +0100

In article <VA.00002b17.096c8b3f@xxxxxxx>, Ian Oliver wrote:
> However, you can buy ES and BC to G9 adaptors, and various covers in
the
> shape of normal bulbs, including frosted. Search for "Bell G9
adaptor".

> I have ordered some an await them with interest. Only having to stock
> few wattages of G9s really appeals!

These have now arrived and they are *very* well made. The 60 watt version
is 660 lumens versus the 700 lumens of a 60w incandescent bulb, however,
Bell claim their 40 watt G9 is the equivalent to a 60 watt incandescent.
Lies!

Anyway, I've ordered a whole load more from National Lamp as they are only
£1.44 each inc vat, and I've also ordered a load of softone covers in
GLS
and candle shapes. Some I'll run with the existing 40w G9s and some with
the xenon 48w ones which *are* equivalent to a 60w incandescent as they
kick out 740 lumens.

I've also got some Prolite T2 EVO CFLs, which are very impressive. The come
on very quickly, are no longer than a normal bulb, and their claims regards
incandescent equivalent are actually conservative.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums