New LED Bulb noise and X10

  • Subject: New LED Bulb noise and X10
  • From: "ian" <ianh1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 14:24:46 -0000

Hi All,

Would be interested to hear if you have had similar trouble with LED lamps!

I have been having a great deal of trouble with X10 recently, signals just
not getting around the house reliably. I found that th elocation of my
Comfort panel on a spur was not helping and improved things by connecting
the X10 interface direct to the ring. I also bought a Homevision unit for
most X10 control and all was well.

My next project was to try some new LED lamps to help reduce power
consumption in particular with kitchen spot lights and an outside light.
The outside light uses an AW10, when I installed LED(Dimmable units) the
AW10 would turn on but would not respond to an OFF command, so I assume
they were making noise that swamped the signal.

I decided to move the LED's to circuits that I did not have X10 control and
this is when strange things started to happen. My X10 LW10 rooms started to
turn on on their own, waking the kids in the middle of the night, going off
when they were in the room! I was away with work for a week so you can
imagine the grief I was getting from SWMBO!

If I remove all the LED lamps all is well in the world!

Has anyone else seen this happen? I can understand the noise stopping an
X10 signal but these lamps seem to be generating noise that are interpreted
as X10 signals.

I hope we get a decent priced solution that can retro fit to replace X10!

Regards
Ian

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums