[OT] Anyone have an Epson EH-TW3200 Projector?

  • Subject: [OT] Anyone have an Epson EH-TW3200 Projector?
  • From: "Tony" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 07:53:11 -0000

I recently got a TW3200 and have attached my Sony BDP-S350 BD player
to it. Until last night I'd only been watching blu-ray 1080p/24 movies and
the output is rock solid, couldn't be more pleased with it

But last night I tried a few standard DVD's to see how they looked and
every 15 to 20 seconds or so the display would glitch like it was trying to
show a gray image (most noticable in the bottom half of the screen). I then
realised it was also doing this when in the BD players setup screen when
not playing anything (rechecked 1080p/24 and all is fine)

To try and rule out a projector fault I tried my xbmc HTPC and this played
back standard DVD's thru the projector fine (unfortunately the audio synch
problems with 1080p/24 material in xbmc means I don't want to use this with
the projector as I can't be having with adjusting the sync. I just want to
press play and watch else it ruins th eexperience for me)

So I was wondering if anyone had one of these projectors if they could
recommend a BD player that plays both BD and DVD discs fine please?

Or if someone happens to also have the same sony BD player and don't have
this problem whether they could tell me their player/projector settings
please?

I've tried various combinations of player output settings and projector
settings with no real effect

Thanks
Tony

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums