Re: Fibaro Z-Wave Mini-Modules Convert Your Existing Switches to Z-Wave

Thanks for the docs Mark!

Looking at their prototype in pic FibarInsertsHowTo.pdf for a single
switch=
it looks like:
* L & N are the supply
* L/I? & N are L & N to the lamp
* S1 & S2 go to the original switch (thin wires so I assume low
voltage)

They do look good in many ways: you could retrofit and yet still remove
the=
m if you move house, you still have a regular switch so SWMBO may not
reall=
y object, possible to fit in an existing back-box=C2=A0 (*maybe*).

As Kevin points out, their Achille's heel is that you usually only have
neu=
tral in the light fitting/ceiling rose: supply in (L+N), loop/supply out
(L=
+N), switch (L+L), lamp (L+N). That said you might still be able to put
the=
device in the ceiling void above the light fitting. Plus down-lights, espe=
cially 12V, might have a junction box somewhere so again might be
feasible.=
In which case however you'd really want an "outer box" that the
Fibar coul=
d fit into to insulate the terminals. Of course, there may already be
other=
products that do this already (z-wave is not something I've looked into ye=
t).

Simon