Re: VoIP or isdn30

  • Subject: Re: VoIP or isdn30
  • From: "mal_lansell" <mal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 00:52:03 -0000

ISDN30 is old tech.  With broadband speeds increasing rapidly in
recent yea=
rs, VoIP now offers more simultaneous calls and for a lower cost.

But I will admit to having a huge bias here, so there is now a Shameless
Ad=
vert coming up...=20=20

I'm the lead programmer with Voipfone (www.voipfone.co.uk).  We offer low
c=
ost, high quality VoIP solutions, and take great pains to ensure crystal
cl=
ear calls.  We have no long term contracts - everything is month to month,
=
and you can try us out for free.

http://www.voipfone.co.uk
0207 043 5555

Mal Lansell

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "hoyinng" <architect.hoyin@...>
wrote:

> I asked a similar question over a year ago but in the end never made a
sw=
itch.=20
>=20
> Now I need to move offices and we definitely need a new phone system
as w=
e have totally out grown our current system.=20
>=20
> I am totally confused by the VoIP and isdn30 comparisons.=20
>=20
> We don't have remote offices and I don't have people working at home
so t=
he majority of functions offered by VoIP I don't need. VoIP does not
appear=
to be that cheap either, the monthly cost per user is high. True the calli=
ng charges are a lot lower by we only spend about =A34k on call charges a
y=
ear so it does not provide me with a significant saving.=20
>=20
> The only real advantage I see is flexibility and the ability to move
our =
number with us as we are moving to a different area and exchange.=20
>=20
> Which is a big bonus. However my major concern is quality of calls and
hi=
gh drop out rates which I have been hearing about. Do I need to be
concerne=
d?
>=20
> If not what systems / providers do you recommend? Horizon is being
offere=
d to us with cisco phones and s is isdn30 with panasonic phones.=20
>=20
> Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums