Cortex A8 board for development

Hi all,

I spotted this today.

http://andahammer.com/mini210w5/

Some people have commented that the older 600Mhz boards where a little slow
for Android etc so this new board with a 1GHz A8 processor should make it
run a little smoother.

The 5" LCD I have actually seen and the image is nice and bright.

I think the touchscreen is resistive although there is nothing stated about
this.

I have the older Mini6410 running Android on the 7" LCD and although
it is a
little sluggish and not as smooth with a resistive touch screen, it is
pretty good and my upgrade to my power monitor is slowly in progress. If
and
when I get it running I may migrate over to this new board. I'll be
ordering
one of these in the new year. A sort of late Christmas present if you like.

Some are going well with the new Beagleboard XM which runs the Cortex A8
too
but you can't run anything from FLASH memory as it has none and can only
run
from SD. This board has the choice to use either.

Dave.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums