Should I re-rip all my movies??!!

  • Subject: Should I re-rip all my movies??!!
  • From: "noeley1983pilot" <noel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 19:49:19 -0000

Hi all,

So as plex rumbles on, apple tv sits in the corner slightly unloved and i
head towards needing more SWMBO friendly options for movies etc around the
house I find myself wondering if I should re-encode all my movies?

My understanding is that all the cool plex clients on samsung tv/bd
players, lg tv's etc etc all transcode the content meaning they won't play
dvd rips from isos/video ts folders.

Is this still the case??

My entire collection of around 500 films are iso's or video ts
folders.....so what should I do?

As they're all ripped already I assume there's some reasonable
handbrake/visual hub equivalents out there that could just be left to churn
through all the films over what would probably take a month or so to
complete with me just selecting the title to rip etc now and again.

But what to rip to?!?!

Figured you all on this list were by far the best group of people to ask so
looking forwards to all the thoughts!!

Thanks all

Noel

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums