Re: OT. MAC Networks

Thanks again Nigel, yes it has been a long while, no idea where it all
went!

When I originally started at this company "we" had a Windows 2003
Server which had AD installed and that was about it, oh and that was on the
"D" drive..... no "C" drive..... and as it was a total
utter mess I decided to have nothing to do with it...

But now 4 or so years later with a new company owner it has been decided to
move over to Mac and for me to sort it! Blind leading the blind comes to
mind!

And hence the posting.

B.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Nigel Champion <nigel_champion@...> wrote:

> Sorry Brian recognise the name now...you are using a new email address
:)
> On a related note I am surprised that people a migrating towards mac
> servers as Apple seem to have little regards for their server
products.
> Having recently stopped making the X-Server range, making Macs
"Enterprise
> ready" is a lot harder now.
> They work pretty well using SMB and AD AFAIK
>
> Nige;
>
> On 1 November 2011 21:55, Nigel Champion <nigel@...> wrote:
>
> > Sorry Brian recognise the name now...you are using a new email
address :)
> > On a related note I am surprised that people a migrating towards
mac
> > servers as Apple seem to have little regards for their server
products.
> > Having recently stopped making the X-Server range, making Macs
"Enterprise
> > ready" is a lot harder now.
> > They work pretty well using SMB and AD AFAIK
> >
> > Nigel
> >

> > On 1 November 2011 21:35, bodothemeerkat <Brian@...>wrote:
> >
> >> **
> >>

> >> Yes thanks Nigel, I have been a member of this group for
almost 11 years
> >> now, but due to moving once or twice in the past few years I
have not been
> >> running any HA stuff.... it is stored in a warehouse in
darkest
> >> Sheffield.... Server cabinet/Home
Vision/Idratek/servers/GeoVision
> >> CCTV/numerous cameras/millions of X-10 kit... etc.... etc...
I even still
> >> have 4 DDAR's....
> >>
> >> What I was asking was 2 fold really, 1st being a good book to
aid me on
> >> the road of using a MAC server, and 2nd, if anyone had any
advice of
> >> exporting the data from QuickBooks to a MAC program.
> >>
> >> I know this is HA, but like you say, there is the odd OT
message and I
> >> remember a fair amount of you chaps are Mac users.
> >>
> >> I will have a look a look at the links you have kindly
supplied.

> >> Thanks for your patience,
> >>
> >> All the best,
> >>
> >> Brian.

> [...]
> [...]