RE: Water softeners

The symptoms sound familiar.  We had just had a loft conversion done,
and
the water softener added and part of our supply pipe upgraded so it was
har=
to pin down, but generally we=92d get explosive trapped air in the
downstai=
rs
cloakroom where the softener is, so I ruled out the loft as it was not
goin=
to cause air down there.  I checked the softener by releasing the trapped
air then isolating the softener for a day to see what happened.  The
proble=
went away.

=20

Kinetico came in sceptical that it was the system (paid the call out charge
=96 grr), he stripped the unit down and put it back together and the
proble=
has gone away.  We don=92t know what exactly was causing it, but I think he
did have to replace the float valve as it was sticky.

=20

So if that sounds like your system try isolating the softener for a day or
so to see if the build up occurs =96 also whether it occurs near to the
softener.

=20

HTH

=20