Re: Solar PV ?

Hello Marcus,

> Thanks for the link :)

You are welcome. I found it by chance, and it helped me and some other
people a lot.

> Just puched in the figures and they are coming out
> pretty much as my estimates suggested. So the link
> is confirming my thinking rather than changing it :

Great. It is always good to get the confirmation.

> I'm assuming your comments about "changing my mind"
> are based on the size of the array rather than solar PV itself?

It was about PV itself. Some people are coming into it with wrong
estimates, but..

> 3.99Kw = yearly total 2430KWh = 2430x0.43 =  £1044.9 a year

... this figure is quite interesting. In Germany we are only getting
around 23-24 EURct per kWh for sending the energy into the grid, and
8ct, if we use it ourselves. I'd say, UK be happy for what YOU are
getting :) With that amount it makes sense to plaster the roof with how
ever many panels you can get. I wonder if prices for PV panels in the UK
are much more than for the PV panels in Germland.
--
Best regards

Peer Oliver Schmidt
PGP Key ID: 0x83E1C2EA