RE: Solar PV ?

Hi Oliver

Thanks for the link :) Just puched in the figures and they are coming out
p=
retty much as my estimates suggested. So the link is confirming my
thinking=
rather than changing it :)

I'm assuming your comments about "changing my mind" are based on
the size o=
f the array rather than solar PV itself? The reason for wanting a 4KWh is
t=
o offset the fact that we are west facing so the roof only gets max sun in
=
the afternoon. By increasing the size of the array I can maximize my
harves=
t in the afternoon to offset the morning. Since (in simple terms) I'm only
=
ever going to get 50% of the size of the array (i.e. morning/afternoon
spli=
t) it make sense to put the larget array I can up to maximize the total.
Si=
nce I'll be paid (43p from the utility company) for every KWh I produce it
=
makes a big difference to the 25year total.

for example , for me the website esimates;

3.99Kw =3D yearly total 2430KWh =3D 2430x0.43 =3D  =A31044.9 a year =3D
tot=
al over 25 years : =A326,122.50

1.4Kw =3D yearly total 852KWh =3D =A3366.36 a year =3D total over 25 years
=
: =A39,159

The above figures are just based on the Fits payments and don't take into
a=
ccount the savings made by reduced electricity bought in and the 3p
payment=
s for the electricity exported back to the grid and of course its all
ed linked so theres inflation and price increase year on year to add in
(an=
d of course its all tax free!). Given that the above figures is the minmum
=
amount (assuming the estimates on solar capture are correct) then its easy
=
to see how a bigger array makes more economic sense in the long term.

Just had another quote (=A311,600) for a 3.9Kwh array using 20 x Suntech
pa=
nels.

Marcus