RE: Hi-Def video senders (long post, sorry!)

Is it even as long as that?... - been a long while, & my memory
isn't so good these days, but if I can remember anything at all from my
school physics lessons...

Assuming that electric charge travels close to the speed of light... I know
that's a gross simplification, since electrons have mass, and therefore
cannot travel anywhere near the speed of light... but the electrons
themselves are just charge carriers, and don't need to move very far or
very fast for current to flow at near instantaneous speed...

Anyway, ISTR that light speed (300,000 Kps) equates to approx 1 metre per
femtosecond (femtosecond = 10 to the -15th power)

So light would travel 6 metres in 6 femtoseconds...

If a current flowed through a conductor at only 1% of light speed, that
would still only require 600 femtoseconds to make it through 6 metres of
wire...

Or am I completely confused?!!?!

Paul G.