RE: [ukha_d] Hi-Def video senders (long post, sorry!)

It will take the electrons 20 nanoSeconds to travel that extra 6m.
I've a feeling your signals would have to be in the GigaHerz range
before that would make a significant difference.
BICBW.

On Thu, 12 May 2011 16:56:47 +0100, Paul Gordon
<paul_gordon@xxxxxxx> wrote:> Just a thought...

>  I presume it's fairly important for both CAT5 cables running to one
> of the
>  2-cable units to be of equal (or at least *very* similar lengths) to
> avoid
>  skew between the parts of the HDMI signal going down each run?....
> Any idea
>  how sensitive these are and how much tolerance there might be for
> different
>  lengths between the 2 CAT cables?
>
>  I ask because it has occurred to me that I *did* put a spare CAT5 run
> in the
>  other month... - but it goes to the other end of a 3m long run of
> kitchen
>  cupboards... I don't think it will be possible to feed it back those
> 3
>  metres, since it pops up through the floor and runs behind a fitted
> floor
>  unit, so the only option (if indeed it is even an option) would be to
> extend
>  it back along that run (on the underside of the wall units). Thus I
> could
>  get it to the required point without too much difficulty, but it
> would end
>  up being some 6m longer that the other one... (hmmm... I wonder if I
> could
>  equalise them at the other end?)
>
>  Cheers.
>
>  Paul G.