Re: Hi-Def video senders (long post, sorry!)

I agree with logic that something must be missing and as I had 2
cables I went for a cheaper one. But on paper it'll do what you want so in
your shoes I'd be tempted to try it and just send it back if it doesn't
work. You'd only be down the postage. And you get to report back your
findings ;-)

On 12 May 2011, at 13:49, Paul Gordon <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, they are, since posting I've found one... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Extender-SINGLE-Cat5e-network-cable/dp/B003YSW66Q/ref=pd_sim_ce_16
but I have to admit to being rather sceptical about just how well these
could work, since the vast majority of available units do demand 2
cables... - something must be being missed or compromised to squeeze it all
down 1 cable surely?

> I'd be more than happy to take a personal recommendation from anyone
who's tried one though... :-)

> Paul G.

Smith
> Sent: 12 May 2011 13:08
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Hi-Def video senders (long post, sorry!)
>
> I'm pretty sure that single cat5 HDMI senders are available too so
that might be another option. I'll dig out some links when I get to a pc.

> On 12 May 2011, at 12:33, Paul Gordon <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> Hi Peeps, having finally got a nice shiny new TiVo from Virgin,
I'm
>> consequently ditching my (much hated) Sky+HD box, and at the same
time
>> having to revisit how I distribute the signal from the lounge to
the
>> kitchen... a number of possible options are on the table and I
like to seek
>> the groups collective wisdom & advice...
>>
>> I have SWMBO approval to purchase a new Home Cinema amp for the
lounge, and
>> I'm looking at the Denon AVR3311... there are a couple of features
that I
>> particularly like on this model, that I think will be very useful
in my
>> quest to finally distribute a "decent" picture to the
kitchen TV, which is
>> full-HD capable:
>> - It has 2 x HDMI outputs, & fully supports using both
concurrently for
>> separate displays
>> - It supports HDMI pass-through whilst in standby (so I don't have
to hav

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums