Re: OT - E-mail & Web

  • Subject: Re: OT - E-mail & Web
  • From: "c8les" <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 14:45:03 -0000

Hi All,

Thanks very very much for all the suggestions.
I've set up a drop box account, and its working a treat - really pleased
and really simples!! Even for me

Currently trying to sort the e-mail issue.
Trying to set up Google Aps - lot of 'over my head' settings to try to work
out, especially as I'm trying to keep the original domain name.

some q's though...

in google aps are the mail boxes synchronised between devices?
Also my current host provider seems complicated with setting up Google Aps.
Whats the best way for me keep the domain and ideally the current web site
and be able to set up Google Apps

Thanks again, Aaron

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "c8les" <aaron@...> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Looking for a bit of advice?!
> Currently have a simple domain and e-mail system for our small
business.
> Looking to expand a little and perhaps move to a e-mail server etc..
> wheres the best place to start?
> I have some IT knowledge - but willing to learn.
> I'd also like to understand it so when it goes wrong I can help
myself.

> What I would like to be abale to do is send/receive emails remotely
and from iphone, but keeping all synched.

> Also like to be able to synch a common file between approx 4 PC on a
regular basis - remote access to a server for this may not be ideal as
network access not always available.

> TIA, Aaron

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums