From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Scott
Sent: 02 May 2011 16:58
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Sonos or Squeeze

Hi guys

I have a number of squeezebox duets and have recently purchased for the
kitched a Danish Sumoh S30 amp http://www.sumoh.dk/ which I purchased from
http://www.wifimedia.eu/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=3Dtinya=
mp&
x=3D0&y=3D0=20

I'm really pleased, it supplies DC power to the squeezebox, so no need for
an additional A/C outlet and when the amp detects no music playing, it
automatically goes into standby, all works brilliantly it only has digital
input, both optical and coaxial, so ideally suited to the squeezebox.  They
also do a higher power output version the S60, but for a kitchen, the S30
i=
more than adequate, I hooked it up to a Monitor Audio stereo ceiling
speake=
and I'm really pleased with the whole installation, the sound is great.
No=
the cheapest solution out there (=A3200 inc. shipping for the amp), but the
neatest, short of Logitech producing an integrated amp version squeezebox,
but then not sure what the sound quality would be like, Logitech aren't
exactly a HiFi brand.

Anyway I recommend the Sumoh S30 and wifimedia were excellent, delivery
too=
a little while, but I believe that's because the manufacturers can't keep
u=
with demand at the moment.

I'm also using the Android "Squeeze Commander" app to control the
squeezeboxes on my android phone and I have to say it's brilliant, in some
ways, better than the Logitech Duet controller,  Certainly easier to set
up=
,
so easy in fact there wasn't any set up! My HTC Desire Z was already
connected to my WiFi network, I installed the app from the Android market,
fired it up and it just worked, no setting up server IP addresses or
anything, it just worked!  This is how software should be written! Wish the
big software houses would take note!

Cheers,

Scott

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Brian Smith <briview@...> wrote:

> Hi Kyle
>=20
> From my experience there is usually a slight 'blip' when devices join
or
leave a group. I don't find it too much of an issue as zone configs aren't
that dynamic.
>=20
> On the question of Sonos vs Squeeze; my main complaint on the Squeeze
range is the lack of amp integrated zone player. This forces an external
am=
and introduces amp switching issues.  Having said that my current plan is
t=
stick with it.