Re: OT - E-mail & Web

  • Subject: Re: OT - E-mail & Web
  • From: Simon Haslam <simon_haslam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 15:27:55 +0100 (BST)

I ran my company's email server (MS Exchange) for over 10 years but
for the last couple of years have been using Google Apps instead. The free
version still allows up to 50 users, though that is going down to 10
shortly so sign up soon if you're thinking about it.

I use an Android phone which syncs seemlessly, and would think the
experience is pretty good on iPhone too. Network connectivity may be a
problem for you, but then is getting better all the time, plus there may be
ways of having offline email (e.g. with Google Gears) but I've never had to
investigate that.

I wouldn't go back to running a mail server for a small business now - it's
not worth the hassle IMO and you can probably spend your time doing
something more productive (or at least interesting, like posting on UKHA!).

HTH

Simon

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums