Re: Box for the lounge to play music, spotify etc

  • Subject: Re: Box for the lounge to play music, spotify etc
  • From: "noel" <noel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 17:11:18 -0000

Thanks all some good advice. Definitely not a fan of the htpc route
for thi=
s instance, definitely needs a high waf!=20

Squeezebox is a possibility, I'd love to go Sonos but think it will be too
=
much cost wise, will look into zp prices on eBay.  Would be a touch
jealous=
her having Sonos before me tho!!!

Alternative idea ive just thought of is to use an iPod touch (1st gen
small=
capacity would do) plugged directly into the amp either with a cable direc=
t or using a dock with line out.=20

Extra step on that might be to add an airport express into the equation to
=
allow the iPod touch to be used wirelessly altho that might be  an
unnecess=
ary complexity.=20

Anything else I should be Thinking about?=20

Ideal solution would be if an xstreamer or apple tv could do all this! In
t=
ime either plex or xbmc on apple tv 2 will probably answer this I guess=20

Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Neil Ball" <neilball@...> wrote:

> Sonos would probably be the easiest to use and deploy. Do bear in mind
th=
at
> Sonos requires a wired Ethernet connection for the first device and
can t=
hen
> work wirelessly for additional devices should you later want to extend
it=
.
> Napster and Spotify both require monthly subscription, Spotify only
works=
on
> Sonos using the =A310/month premium service. However it tends to get a
hi=
gh
> WAF too (certainly in my house where my boys of 5 & 8 are also big
users)=
>=20
>=20=20
>=20