Re: Re: BT HomeHub Networking Woes

A further update on this old thread...

I finally bit the bullet and called BT a short while ago in some vain hope
they could be bothered. Fortunately it was an 0800 number...
Apparently, as my broadband connection was working correctly, there's
nothing they are obliged to do! They refused to accept the HH was faulty
because a line test came back ok. The promised call back 1/2-hour later
never happened either.

So in the interests of my ongoing sanity I've replaced the HH with a Vigor
2820n and haven't looked back. What a difference!

Cheers,

Tim.

<timsyahoo@xxxxxxx>wrote:

>> Thanks guys - it's nice to know I'm not on my own.
>>
>> I still can't understand the ".home" suffix and google
isn't very helpful.
>> I've changed the workgroup name from "WORKGROUP" to
"HOME" but there was no
>> improvement. I'll try the hosts file suggestion and fixed IPs but
it used to
>> work without that so it shouldn't be necessary. I'm getting to the
the point
>> where I'm about to reinstate my old (BT) wired router & access
point just so
>> it all works again...
>>
>> I haven't (yet) resorted to the BT call centre but may have to, or
jsut
>> get a "proper" router...
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Tim.