Re: Has anyone used...

The first project that I was hoping to do (originally using HomeVision but
mine has subsequently "died") was to use it to control the lights
and heater in my GFs vivarium so a real time clock is kinda central to that
... there are plug-in RTC modules available for the Arduino boards and both
X10 "drivers" and plug-in mains rated relay modules too so it
would still be possible but just more work than I was expecting... :-D

Phil

On 13 Jun 2011, at 22:35, Kyle Gordon wrote:

> Why? None of my projects have needed an RTC yet... They all have
onboard
> timers though which are good enough for most timing functions.
>
> If you use Jeenodes or some other wireless capable version, you can
> always inform it of the current time over the network.
>
> Kyle
>

> On 13/06/11 21:44, Phillip Harris wrote:
>> Hmmm ... not to have a Real Time Clock on board seems quite a
major omission to me ... !

>> Phil
>>

>> On 13 Jun 2011, at 20:56, Kyle Gordon wrote:
>>
>>> Nope, although many folks use the cheap DS3107 RTC to provide
that
>>> functionality.
>>>
>>> A GPS receiver shield can also provide time, and since I'm a
Jeenode
>>> user I'd be inclined to use this http://jeelabs.com/products/rtc-plug
:-)

>>> Kyle

> [...]