Re: Has anyone used...

I was looking at getting a "Mega 2560" to play with initially as
they're reasonably cheap and have four serial ports on them - quite fancy
having a play with the Arduino DMX shield too to have a play with some DMX
stuff....

First "project" would be one of the more basic ones just to use
as the controller for the GF's vivarium - initially just switching the
current heater / thermostat and lamps on a time based schedule using X10
but then would be fun to move it over to using one of the temperature
sensors and relay modules ...

Phil

On 13 Jun 2011, at 09:15, Vargster wrote:

> Phil,
>
> Yes, I've used them for several projects. They work very well, are
pretty
> cheap and the dev environment free and pretty easy to setup/use if
you've
> done any C/Java/Basic.
>
> There are several official versions and dozens of clones (it being
open
> source), which are even cheaper.
> There are (basically) two models, the base Arduino and the Mega. The
Mega
> uses the same IDE/code, but has more I/O pins, more RAM/ROM/FLASH.
> Within those two models there are the newer and older versions of the
ATMEL
> mcu's, which doubled the RAM/RAM/FLASH, but not the I/O.
>
> Depending on wether you need USB serial comms (not all projects do),
you can
> build your own Arduino clone on a bit of stripboard for less a fiver
(I did
> that for an LED lamp).
>
> Anything else you need to know?
> Lee
>

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 7:46 AM, Phillip Harris <phil@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> ...those Arduino microcontrollers?
>>
>> They any good? My HomeVision appears to have died and there are
X10