Re: LNBs. Slightly OT.

Bedankt, Quinten,

House is new (self) build and actually to=20
accomodate my recently installed solar panels, I=20
repositioned and rewired the dish, so I am confident in the cabling.

LNB is tilted just under 10 degrees.
Occurrs to me a good test would be to swop=20
cabling to LNB outputs. That would show if lower=20
output is LNB related or cable related.
I'll do that.
Thanks for the recommendation re FaVal.
See what I mean about wierd brands. Where are Phillips, Grundig etc??
Thanks again
Peter

At 18:30 04/06/2011, you wrote:

>Have you checked your cabling? It sounds more like you've got water
>in your cable then a defect LNB imho. Icecrypt are a decent brand but
>I only know them from their receivers.
>
>It could also be that you need to tilt the LNB ever so slightly?
>
>If you do think the LNB is the guilty party, then I can personally
>recommend FaVal (for instance=20
><http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/390319208257>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/390319208257
).
>I've got 3 of them on Astra 1, 2 and 3 on a single 80cm dish and have
>been very good to me.
>
>Q.
>
>On 4 June 2011 17:25, Peter + Jane=20
><<mailto:pandj.munnoch%40btinternet.com>pandj.munnoch@xxxxxxx>
wrot=
e:
> > Hi
> > I have a Humax twin tuner PVR Freesat box.
> > I feed it from a 60 cm mesh dish fitted with an
> > Icecrypt twin lnb of allegedly 60 dB /  0.1dB.
> > Dish and lnb cost =A335 ish 3 years ago.
> > Dish has clear view of the sky.
> > Alignment using a camping sat receiver with a
> > beeb tone alignment aid so pretty good.
> > Mounting is rigid.
> > Location Isle of Wight (so not exactly far north!)
> >
> > Signal on some of the satellite channels is=20
> prone to mosaicing and drop out.
> > Worse in wet weather.
> > Never seen the last bar on the signal strength indicator of one
feed.

> > So I thought I'd buy a "quality" lnb. Known make,
decent spec.
> > Trouble is there are loads of brands, loads of specs.
> >
> > At last the question(s)
> > 1. Are Icecrypt any good, in the experience of list members?
> > 2. Has anyone got a recommendation for a GOOD twin lnb,
(please!)?