Re: Solar PV ?

Marcus

Where did you get to on your investigations?

I've had BG come around today and recommended an array of 10x 230w
panels (all that will fit on my roof because of Velux windows in the
way).  I also will have a little shading from chimney and blasted great
trees.

The guy did say though that the panels (Sharp I think he said have
increased in power in the last three weeks from 210w to 230w but are at
the same price.  Reckons a tad over 10k for the 2.3Kw.

The only worrying thing was that he said the FIT was 41p/Kwh, I had to
show him the ofgem page that stated it was 43p!

I'm also looking to HA it all somehow....early days of thinking about it
though!

Adam

On 16/05/2011 15:35, Marcus Warrington wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> I think in theory it still does, but you can get panels with built in
bypass diodes that should mean only those cells (or possibly string of
cells) within the panel that are shaded get affected.  I have another
installer coming tonight so I'll be quizzing him a little more about this
:)

> Marcus

Hawkins
> Sent: 14 May 2011 14:15
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Solar PV ?
>

> If you had an array of panels but one of them was in shade , perhaps
> from a chimney stack , does this same situation occur ? I'm
> assuming not as it must be correctable via electronics but just
checking...

> On 13/05/2011 09:06, Marcus Warrington wrote:
>> Since I've now read that output of a string of panels is dictated
by the lowest producing panel, that's means if I have a string of Sharp
panels all producing +10% but the last one produces -5% then its as though
all the panels are at -5%.