Re: Re: Which cheap media player that will accept usb hard drives

I bought myself a Sumvision Cyclone Micro box for around £20.
This has a
single USB connector which accepts USB pen drives or hard drives. My
mother now uses it to play Xvid files, so it must be simple.

There are two versions out now, Mk1 version upscales to HD whilst the
Mk2 version actually plays HD content. You can connect either via HDMI
or there is a lead that goes from 3.5mm jack to composite video plugs.
There is about £10-15 difference between the two models.

The spec page is at http://www.sumvision.com.cn/searchResults.aspx?ptype=47

They say that it plays VOB but does not mention ISO. I haven't tried
either format.

HTH

Geoff

On 25/07/2011 21:43, domdevitto wrote:
> Not sure about playing raw ISOs, but I'm really happy with my Sony
BDP-S370 (aka S370, but not to be confused with the LG of the same name).

> It was a steal at £100 at Tescos - so ebay may now have a few at
a good price.  Plays BlueRays, Youtube, iPlayer etc. etc., and even talks
to DLNA network servers, which means I can put the files on a seperate
network server, rather than using one of the two (front/back) USB ports.
Looks great too.

> Dom
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "noel"<noel@...>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Thanks for the help on attaching the cables to the bricks, much
appreciated.

>> Looking for a cheap option for a media player to connect to a tv,
Hi def not essential, just something simple that i can attach a usb drive
with a mixture of iso's, video ts folders, and other movie files and play
them simply.