From: Simon McCaughey
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: 30 January 2011 16:23
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] [OT] Restricting lodger's network access

I'm absolutely not an expert on this, but was setting up a router recently
for a friend, and noticed that it had a guest network feature, which as far
as I understand is a no security network allowing access to the Internet,
but no access to other computers on the normal home network

Google for adsl router guest network should turn up a few results

Hope that helps a bit, someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly :)

Regards

Simon

On 30 Jan 2011, at 11:40, "tankman_37" <tankman37@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> My mum has just taken in a lodger, but also wants to allow them access
to the internet. Setting this is up is outside my sphere of knowledge!

> She only has an old DLink DSL604 and I was wondering if she needed a
new router with more setup options or a different access point or
something.