Re: Network / Windows 7 gurus? Help please!

Hi Mark,

Are you connecting via UNC paths (//server/share) or as a mapped drive? If
the latter, you may have an issue with cached credentials - disconnect the
mapped drive, reboot PC-2, and try again.

Will the QNAP allow anonymous connections? What filesystem are the shares
on?  Does it have a limit on number of connections (either per share, or in
total?

Do you have a 3rd PC you can try to connect from - this would assist in
finding out if the problem is client / server side.

Are both win7 boxes the same edition? Both member of same
workgroup/"homegroup"? Is the a domain controller in play?

Is there anything in the event logs on PC-2 that could elaborate on the
issue? How about logs on the QNAP?

Apologies if all of the above is obvious/already been done, I'm just
reeling
off what I would do/check in your situation......and it has been a long
time
since I wore my SysAdmin hat!

Rob
On 23 Jan 2011 09:46, "Mark Gardner" <mark@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a weird n/w problem and am wondering if any of the gurus on
here
> can please point me in the right direction?
>
> I have a QNAP NAS with two shares - the shares both have the same user
> permissions defined.
> I have two Windows 7 PCs.
> From PC_1, I can connect to both shares on the NAS.
> From PC_2, I can connect to share_A but not to share_B for some reason
-
> 'permission denied'.
> I am using the same authentication details for each share from each
PC.

> Any ideas would be much appreciated as this is driving me nuts!
>
> Thanks!
> Mark

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums