From: John B <home-automation@xxxxxxx>
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] C-Bus wireless, X10 or Z-Wave?
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 11:27:55 -0000

Hi all,

Having just moved house and said goodbye to my previous hard-wired C-Bus
in=
stallation, I'm looking for options to automate my lights, however I'm not
=
in a position to run any additional cabling.

On the plus side, my back boxes all seem to be 35mm deep and appear to
have=
a neutral present.

So, what are my options?

I'd rather stay away from X10 as I've used it in the past and have got
used=
to the reliability/speed/quality appearance of the C-Bus switches.

I no very little about Z-Wave, but there seems to be a shortage of
good-loo=
king switches here in the UK.
(although I'm happy to be proved wrong)

So that leaves me with C-Bus wireless.

Has anybody used it, and can they comment on its reliability.
At around =C2=A3200 per switch it's not cheap.

TIA,

John