Re: Re: Mac losing display through hdmi matrix....any ideas

Here is the prog

http://blog.1000klub.com/

Ben

On 19 Jan 2011, at 16:20, noel wrote:

> Ben,
> That's great thank you.
>
> When using the program if it 'revives' when there's no need to say
when you're watching a film does it cause any visible flicker or anything?

> Thanks
> Noel
>
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Ben McCormack <yahoogroup@...> wrote:
>>
>> Noel
>>
>> I have had a similar problem with my mac mini poising sync with my
denon amp when the mac source is not selected. In my case detect display
would not fix the issue.

>> The only solution I have found is a free app called HDMIreviver. I
run this at bootup and it 'revives' the hdmi sync every 5 min and prevents
the sync loss.

>> Give it a try. I think it may work
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 18 Jan 2011, at 22:03, "noel" <noel@...> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm hoping some of you may have experienced this and have a
fix for me!!

>>> I've just installed my MacBook pro into node 0, running the
dvi output to a dvi-hdmi adapter and into a 4x2 hdmi matrix

>>> The second source into the matrix is an apple tv.  Just using
this for video only with audio being handled separately.

>>> Outputs of the matrix are my lounge projector 720p and a
bedroom LCD also at 720p

>>> Problem I have is if i switch the matrix so both screens are
watching the apple tv ie no display routed from the mac then the mac
'loses' the external display so when i select the matrix to show the mac
again the projector/tv show no source.  I have to click detect displays on
the mac to get them to pick them up again.

>>> If I use the matrix to keep one display on the mac then when i
switch the other back all is fine.

>>> So I need to find a way to ideally have the mac auto detect
the displays or find a solution to the problem?  It's not likely to be a
massive issue as the apple tv will get minimal use but it's annoying so I'd
like to resolve.