Re: Re: [OT]ish Router +modem problem

Peter,

Well those numbers look good but the DNS is a bit odd. It should work
but I would of thought that the FVS318 router had it's own DNS server
(for the LAN ports) and DNS client (for the WAN port) in which case
the PC should be using a DNS of 192.168.1.1. Even if the DNS isn't
working you should still be able to access the web via IP addresses so
something else must be wrong. The logs will probably reveal all when
you next have access..

Nick.

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Peter Church <yahoo@xxxxxxx> wrote=
:
> Nick,
>

> Sorry I can't actually make any configuration changes as this is the
remo=
te
> system and I won't be with it for another few weeks. =A0What I do
remembe=
r was
> that the (Windows XP) PC is getting
>

> DHCP enabled =A0 Yes
>
> Autoconfig =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Yes
>
> IP =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 192.168.1.2
>
> Subnet =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0255.255.255.0
>
> Default Gateway 192.168.1.1 (the router)
>
> DHCP Server =A0 =A0 192.168.1.1 (the router)
>
> DNS Servers =A0 =A0 =A0192.168.3.1 (the modem) & 192.168.3.2 (the
modem +=
1 which
> is odd)
>

> I might need to park this thread and pick it up again when I am near
the
> system. =A0It just seemed odd to me that a router cannot sit behind a
mod=
em as
> surely that is what a router is designed to do, so I thought there
might =
be
> a very straigntforward answer
>

> Thanks all for the help.