RE: Re: [OT]ish Router +modem problem

Nick,

Sorry I can't actually make any configuration changes as this is the remote
system and I won't be with it for another few weeks.  What I do remember
was
that the (Windows XP) PC is getting

DHCP enabled   Yes

Autoconfig         Yes

IP                     192.168.1.2

Subnet              255.255.255.0

Default Gateway 192.168.1.1 (the router)

DHCP Server     192.168.1.1 (the router)

DNS Servers      192.168.3.1 (the modem) & 192.168.3.2 (the modem +1
which
is odd)

I might need to park this thread and pick it up again when I am near the
system.  It just seemed odd to me that a router cannot sit behind a modem
as
surely that is what a router is designed to do, so I thought there might be
a very straigntforward answer

Thanks all for the help.

Pete

_____