From: "colinglover@xxxxxxx" <colinglover@xxxxxxx>
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, January 1, 2011 2:54:57 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] Heating control

Hi folks and happy new year.

I'm thinking of letting homeseer manage my heating and have a solution I'd
like
to run past you all.
We have a combi boiler with no time clock, that heats just a single zone
within
the house.
my proposed solution is to break into the cable to the thermostat and
insert a
relay that would open and close the circuit. I thought of leaving the
thermostat
in place and leaving it set to a fairly high temp (25c) as a safe guard in
case
homeseer fails to turn off the boiler for whatever reason.

Do you think this approach is workable? If so, what kind of relay would be
suitable?

I'm using x10 today amd plan to introduce z-wave over the next couple of
weeks.
I already have an rfxcom temp sensor that is reporting into homeseer ok, so
really just need the relay I think.

Any suggestions greatly received
Colin

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums