RE: Heating control

Personally, I'd be "wary" of entrusting something as
critical as heating
control to less "robust" technologies such as X10, and PC-based
automation
software such as Homeseer.... - I speak as someone who has, and still does
use both, *and* have just automated my central heating which is based on
pretty much exactly the same system as yours...

Homeseer is good enough for the extra convenience layers on top of the core
functionality;- providing touchscreens, web access, email control etc. but
wouldn't use it for the core functionality of directly controlling the
boiler... as good as Homeseer is, it still runs on a Windows PC, and
therefore cannot ever be regarded as 100% reliable - something which I (and
more importantly SWMBO!) regard as fairly important...

Likewise for X10, - I've used it for years, and indeed still have a few
units in places where getting CBUS to is either too difficult (garden for
instance), or not economically justified, but I've experienced  just too
many occasions over the years when X10 just decides not to work any more
for
no discernable reason - and it really can be something as daft as your next
door neighbour getting a new TV!
I don't know about Z-wave reliability since I've never used it, although I
understand it is better than X10, but still subject to its own
"foibles"...

I've just done mine using CBUS; a CBUS single zone thermostat unit, and a
CBUS relay switching the boiler demand. This is technology that I'm
absolutely happy to entrust my central heating to...

Just my 2p worth!

HTH

Paul G.