From: i_lowe=20
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Sent: 02 February 2011 10:24
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: SSD and VMWare Server 2... spicy!

=20=20=20=20

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Paul Gordon <paul_gordon@...> wrote:

> Anyone tried the new Seagate hybrid SSD/mechanical hard drive: http://w=
ww.ebuyer.com/product/222310 - I've held off putting SSD in my laptop
becau=
se of the cost of fitting a big enough one (granted I can, and do, use an
e=
xternal HDD as well, but it's handy to have all the "essential"
stuff avail=
able straight off the internal drive). This would appear to give the best
o=
f both worlds....
>=20
> Paul G.

No, but been very, very tempted. The only issue for me would be power usa=
ge (I'm using a wee netbook, and long battery life is my thing).

Still, after dipping my toes in the SSD waters, I'm quite taken with the =
thought of a hybrid...

=20=20

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums