Re: Memory stick woes...

Thanks for the thoughts.

I've had some success - the device now appears in disk management albeit as
"unreadable" whereas previously it just didn't show up (although
it would
appear in an Explorer window).

I did notice that it appeared to take the drive letter that I thought was
usually assigned to my SD card reader however that only seems to appear
when actually in use and hand'nt seemed to be a problem before (both stick
& laptop have been used together for a few years).

It's still readable in other machines so its a bit of a puzzle.

I had stopped using it, so no there's no critical data on there, it just
seemed a waste to bin it completely.

Cheers,
Tim.

On 19 December 2011 11:19, Simon Haslam <simon_haslam@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> If it's getting on a bit I think I would be tempted to consign it to
> unimportant stuff, like transferring files between machines, or throw
it
> away. I had one that gave funny errors on some machines one week and
then
> failed completely the next. Otherwise make sure you have a good backup
(OK,
> so we're always supposed to do that but...).

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums