Re: long HDMI 1.4 cable problems

Have you got any joins / couplers / faceplates in the cable run or is
it
purely device to device? Apparently two 5m cables coupled together is not
the same as a single 10m cable, for eg.

I've got a pair of 15m "cheapo" cables (Pro-Signal I think, from
CPC) and
they work fine between my PS3 and Sony LCD - I'm not trying to run 3D over
them and they'd undoubtedly pre-1.4 standard though...

Can you use the "good" one for the more onerous duty and the
other one for
lower standard connections? (or isn't it configured like that?).

Happy to dig out the part number of my cables if you're interested,
although I can't guarantee they's work in your situation.

HTH somewhat,

Tim.

On 14 December 2011 22:01, JonS <semi.jon@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've bought a pair of HDMI cables.  1 works fine the other refused to
> work.  I returned it for a replacement.  The new cable works
intermittently
> - dropping the picture and then after a while recovering.
> This is an 1.4 cable working between a Sony BD player and samsung 3D
TV
> when working on 3D.  Its Ok for SD.
>
> Can anyone recommnend a cable that will work reliably at this length
for
> 3D - I'd like to get it installed under the floor & carpet down
before
> Christmas (this year!)
>
> Thanks
> JonS