Re: Foscam cameras - thumbs up from me

  • Subject: Re: Foscam cameras - thumbs up from me
  • From: "noeley1983pilot" <noel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 16:35:29 -0000

Yes but the rj45 socket is on the fly lead coming out of the back of the
ca=
mera!! Not sure what you mean by it being an alternative

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Paul Gale <groups2@...> wrote:

> But if it's wireless - you don't need the RJ45 though - I presume
that's =
the same as the pan and tilt ones where it's an alternative to the
wireless=
?
>=20
> Paul.
>=20
>=20
>=20
and=
wireless! Only downside is it has an rj45 connector on the lead so if you =
wanted to drill a hole it'd be a big hole but if you have an outdoor
socket=
/box then no problem!!  it's the external one around =C2=A372
>=20
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Paul Gale <groups2@> wrote:
> >
> > I got my FI8918W last week after the talk here - what a great bit
of ki=
t for the low price. Shame it doesn't work with geovision though - but
hey,=
at that price...
> >=20
> > I'm now looking for something similar to the outdoors foscam (non
PTZ) =
that will work with Geovision to add to my cameras. It'd be very difficult
=
to run new coax/cat5 etc to the position I want to add the camera to, so
wi=
reless IP would be best for me.
> >=20
> > Any ideas on a (cheap - a la foscam) wireless IP outdoors camera
with g=
ood IR performance too? I know - I want everything for little cost!
> >=20
> > Thanks,=20
> >=20
> > Paul.
> >=20
Of CAMPBELL MACDONALD
> > Sent: 10 December 2011 22:01
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Foscam cameras - thumbs up from me
> >=20
> > Sounds good.  The new .12 synology kit looks promising,
unfortunately m=
y budget is spent for this year...... And possibly next as well . Maybe
SWM=
BO will realise another Foscam would be a good crimbo pressy, time for
hint=
s...if you are using iPad or phone the Foscam viewer is excellent value at
=
=EF=BF=BD0