Foscam cameras - thumbs up from me

  • Subject: Foscam cameras - thumbs up from me
  • From: "noeley1983pilot" <noel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 15:31:13 -0000

Hi all,
Having seen them mentioned a while back here just thought I'd post.

My FI8905W arrived today from Foscam themselves, took them a few days to
ship but then was quick enough.

First impressions - wow. Bombproof!! Very sturdy, metal construction,
impressive.

Mount could be a bit more solid but sure it'll be fine.

Initial config a faff getting ip details right but once into it was fine.

This is intended for my parents place for wildlife/badger watching in their
garden.  I've got a synology disk station so thought I'd give it a go.
brilliant, piece of cake to add and works great, motion detection etc,
recording straight to disk.  next step is to get this working over the net
so they dont have to buy themselves a synology...altho maybe that's an
opportunity for me to 'upgrade' ;)

Night time testing to come tonight so will see what dark performance is
like but signs are promising so far.

Any questions let me know.

Cheers

Noel