Re: {Disarmed} New Remote Controlled Thermostatic Electronic Radiator Valve

Wayne,

If it's 11 years old and it's got a pilot light then I doubt it's a
condensing boiler. A condensing boiler uses the heat in the exhaust gas to
further heat the water. It's obvious on a cold day as you'll have what
looks
like a plume of steam coming from the flue, but if you stuck your hand in
it
it'll be warm and not scalding. Pilot lights use gas, most modern boilers
have electronic ignition to light the gas when needed, thus saving the gas
used by the pilot light.

Lee

**

> Hi Lee, Thanks for that - I think I get the idea.
>
> Is a condenser boiler a standard run of the mill job? Looking at ours
-
> funnily enough, 11 years old today, it really doesn't seem to do
anything
> special other than a pilot light being always there. When the heating
comes
> 'on' (either by the thermostat control or just forcing it to be 'on')
it
> makes the same noises and seems to burn as 'hard' either way.
>
> Cheers
> Wayne.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums