Re: {Disarmed} New Remote Controlled Thermostatic Electronic Radiator Valve

Hi Lee, Thanks for that - I think I get the idea.

Is a condenser boiler a standard run of the mill job? Looking at ours -
fun=
nily enough, 11 years old today, it really doesn't seem to do anything
spec=
ial other than a pilot light being always there. When the heating comes
'on=
' (either by the thermostat control or just forcing it to be 'on') it
makes=
the same noises and seems to burn as 'hard' either way.

Cheers
Wayne.

On 15 Aug 2011, at 23:29, Vargster wrote:

> Wayne,
>=20
> The boiler tests the temperature of the returning water. I.e. the
water
> leaves the boiler, travels around the house going through the
radiators a=
nd
> returns to the boiler.  As the returning temp approaches the flow
> temperature, the boiler modulates (turns down) the burner, putting
less h=
eat
> into the water. This 'saves' gas, but the efficiency drops because the
> condensing part of the boiler doesn't work when the returning water
temp =
is
> too high.
>=20
> When your thermostat thinks the room is hot enough, it just shuts the
who=
le
> boiler down. You should also have a timeclock/controller that tell the
> boiler to come on too...
>=20
> Lee
>=20
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 9:35 PM, Wayne Harrison
<Wayne@xxxxxxx>wr=
ote:
>=20
>> Hi all,
>> I might be having a real thick here (more than likely!)) - I'm no
plumbe=
r,
>> not even allowed after the 'christmas eve incident' - i
digress=E2=88=91
>>=20
>> Our heating system has one central thermostat in the hallway that
govern=
>> if the boiler is active or not. There is also a timer to set the
thing t=
>> come on and go off at two times during the day or there is a
manual over=
ride
>> to just turn it on or keep it off.
>>=20
>> When its running - its the single thermostat that actually governs
the
>> heating. My question being - if we had these fitted to the
radiators do =
>> need to just turn up the thermostat to its highest temperature to
>> effectively nail it on? If I do that - what stops the boiler from
just
>> burning more fuel as it doesn't think its getting the house up to
>> temperature? Doesn't sound like a saving there to me=E2=88=91 but
as I s=
aid - I'm no