Re: USB Controlled LED driver

It's for decorative lighting on an information kiosk. Not strictly HA
as it's for work, but close enough to be worth asking.

Someone from the group (don't know your username, sorry) has just emailed
me this, which certainly looks like the right sort of thing:

>Found this while searching for something entirely different....
>http://www.rush2112.net/mkportal/modules/oscommerce/product_info.php?products_id=45

Although I've bought a USB PIC and have got a basic version of what I need
running already using the Microchip demos, so I might just steer this
project towards doing some PIC development in company time :-)

Thanks

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Ste Daniels <ste@...> wrote:

> I know curiosity killed the cat and all that.. but what's it for?
>
> Steve
>
> P.S. feel free to ignore the question...
>
> On 4 August 2011 16:24, howardsixtynine <howardsixtynine@...>
wrote:

> > Can anyone suggest a cheap simple device for running 4 to 8
channels of
> > LEDs controlled from a USB port?
> > I want a number of dimmable channels, with a Windows API. There
are various
> > USB to GPIO devices out there which I could couple with LED
drivers, but
> > that gets a bit messy and expensive. I'll be looking for 100 or
so, possibly
> > 1000, so something that's all packaged would save a lot of
assembly.
> > I'm looking at getting my own custom unit built, but if there's
something
> > out there already I'd rather use it.
> >
> > Thanks

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums