Re: BT HomeHub Networking Woes

  • Subject: Re: BT HomeHub Networking Woes
  • From: "u7412ay" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 19:38:16 -0000

Checking my home hub it hasn't been re-started for a couple of weeks
and the firmware is an old release so doesn't look like anything has
changed.

I am looking more towards some sort of windows update for introducing it as
my 2 laptops are exhibting the problem and are both patched up to date but
the wife's still works fine and she is a bit hit and miss at patching.

Regards
Allan

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "u7412ay" <yahoo@...> wrote:

> I have recently started to have the same problem although in my case
my work DNS is in the list so it tries to connect to my machine names with
the work domain appended. I thought it was something they had done at work.
This is a Home Hub V1.  Has been happening for a couple of days. Will try a
wired connection tonight. To get round it I added a local hosts file on my
laptop for my home machine IP addresses which I specified as fixed through
the hub.

> For those that are saying replace it never had a problem with it,
including Sonos support and by signing up to FON through the hub I am
entitled to use BT Openzone & FON hotspots free of charge up to my
monthly allowance which has been useful a number of times.

> Cheers
> Allan
>
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Keith Doxey" <ukha@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Tim,
> >
> > Just discovered something else about this....
> >
> > My server is XP Pro, just fired up a couple of my XP Machines,
one Pro one
> > Home and if I type "ping khan" both come back
"pinging khan 192.168.0.4"

> > "Its fixed" I thought, so fired up laptop (Win 7 Pro)
> >
> > Ping khan
> >
> > Pinging khan.home 216.146.35.99  :(
> >
> > But this was with a wireless connection.
> >
> > Changed to a WIRED connection
> >
> > Ping khan
> >
> > Pinging khan.home 192.168.0.4  :)
> >
> > Went back to Wifi and its still screwed. No idea what is causing
it but it
> > doesn't seem to be the .home suffix causing the problem, but it
does appear
> > to be the Wifi.

> > Keith

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums