RE: US z wave kit in UK?

Thanks Stuart, Wonder if they will make it to the UK?

Paul.

-----Original Message-----
From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stuart
Poulton
Sent: 25 September 2010 15:19
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] US z wave kit in UK?

For those interested in 'clever' locks

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/25/yale-introduces-zigbee-and-z-wave-remote-lockable-deadbolts/

Cheers

Stuart
On 26 Aug 2010, at 08:29, Paul Gale wrote:

> I'm not sure about the security of the other option - kwikset. Plenty
of YouTube videos showing how easy it is to pick the keylock part of the
device in seconds but I guess that's true of most traditional locks?

> My thoughts are that a wireless/electronic only (ie no key) system has
to be more secure than a traditional lock???

> Paul.
>
> On 25 Aug 2010, at 22:24, Mal Lansell <mal@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Fair enough. I'd steer clear of Schlage though - plenty of
reports
> > of incompatibilities and being locked into their controllers.
> >
> > Mal
> >

> > On 25/08/2010 21:14, Paul Gale wrote:
> >>
> >> It's purely for the US Z Wave (or alternatively the Zigbee
> >> versions) locks that are available in the US but not the UK.
Still
> >> looking for an alternative UK wireless option though...
> >>
> >> Paul.

sent:
> >> Has anyone used or seen US frequency Z Wave kit in the UK?
> >> I know it's illegal to use (I'm guessing) and supposedly it's
on a
> >> mobile phone GSM frequency. Just wondering what real world
> >> experience might be with possible interference etc?
> >> Paul.
> >>
> >> Links:
> >> ------
> >> [1] mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> >> <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>?subject=US
z wave kit in UK?
> >> [2]
> >> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ukha_d/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJyZGhxYnU1BF9T

Azk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExMDk2MzkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDQxOTkyBG1zZ0lkAzE

2MDY5MQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEyODI3MjI5Mzg-?act=reply&amp
> >> ;messageNum=160691
> >> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ukha_d/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJyZGhxYnU1BF9

TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExMDk2MzkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDQxOTkyBG1zZ0lkAz

E2MDY5MQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEyODI3MjI5Mzg-?act=reply&am
> >> p;messageNum=160691>
> >>
> >> [3]
> >> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ukha_d/message/160691;_ylc=X3oDMTM4Z2

puZW9kBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExMDk2MzkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDQxOTkyB

G1zZ0lkAzE2MDY5MQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyODI3MjI5MzgEdHBj